View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 10:18 AM   #1
70cstdime

My first c10 67 SWB 2wd PROJECT

I've been away from the forum for years.

I obtained my first c10 when I was about 18. A 67 shortbed with plans to street rod. I disassembled that truck after driving it a while to upgrade for a v8 from the I6 3 on the tree.

Over the years I had a handful of these trucks hoping to get a cab with less rust. I saved all the parts that weren't rusted or sold off trucks I wasn't interested in.

I picked up an L-31 vortec 350 with plans to put a T-56 6 speed manual (from LT-1 car). This engine with a cam 4bbl and headers would make a 425hp package.

Funds never came along for the transmission, other projects took priority.

I just lucked my way into a 454 needing rebuild. It's a gen IV over the counter crate engine about 1990 year. I'm going to refresh everything and put the Comp cams xm284hr marine cam in. Upgrading a retro hydraulic roller cam, and gaining power. This package with the 781 heads and stock internals will be nice for 430hp and 510tq @ 3750rpm. SWEET, then I can set the rev limiter for 5500 and not worry about upgrading rods and all this beefing up. Straight budget build. Should be able to go through the engine for under $2k.

I'm excited.

Still need to buy the trans tho.

Got a 4:10 posi in the rear, coil spring trailing arm truck.
70cstdime is offline   Reply With Quote