View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 05:36 PM   #852
mr48chev

Re: Post your C/L finds for everyone to enjoy!

I'd say that most guys who are serious 47 second series 48 truck guys also want the surround for that price.

Could be that he is one of those would be sellers who won't ship or prep it for shipping. Prepping in this case meaning putting a sheet of 3/8 plywood on each side of the crate to protect the grill from damage and prying eyes.

Then again just because it is NOS doesn't mean that it is perfect. I'm pretty sure that I saw that grill at a swap meet ten or fifteen years ago. It may be showing it's hauled around age now.

I looked long and hard at a NOS Chevy grill years ago, (I think at the Portland swap meet) and it was way out of my price range then (I didn't sell enough stuff to raise the money) but looking back have to believe that the seller thought the "original crate" was worth as much and maybe more than the grill it's self as he talked more about the crate than the grill.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote