View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 01:52 PM   #3267
Getter-Done

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I had a much worse "damn" last summer. The lean-to side of the barn I'm moving has a nice dry steel roof. I noticed the steep barn side of the roof, which still had old mossy cedar shakes was leaking at the bottom, starter coarse gave up the ghost. The wall of the barn would be wet in a couple areas, so I put steel on there, too. Nice and dry in there now.

On that lean-to side I have shelving with parts, shelves are about 3' deep. I needed to remove everything to get some work done. One thing I had stored there, since '07, was a posi with 3.42 ring & pinion for my '67 project. I had it in a 3 gal. plastic bucket with lid snapped tight. Good safe place for it, right? Inside under a good dry roof sealed inside a watertight container, right? I went to move it, and heard water swishing. Took the top off and for who knows how long it has been bathing in water. "How in the...????". Oh, I was highly upset! Still am.

It turns out, water had been running down a rafter and dropping right onto the bucket, and nowhere else of course. It was a paint bucket with a screw on cap in the lid. Apparently, it wasn't screwed on tight enough to totally seal. So, when the lid with a lip filled with water it could seep through the screw cap threads! Why me??

Nice!
That's Terrible

Looks like it's time go go buy a couple of gallons of vinegar.

It will take care of the rust.

Maybe remove the posi stuff before hand.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote