View Single Post
Old 12-23-2021, 04:34 AM   #3276
LT7A

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
He plays drums. Ain't that enough?
Heyyyyy, I'm a drummer, haha. I guess the annoyance factor with drums is related to the volume and timing. Timing both meaning how well you keep time and what time of the day you're playing. I learned how effective a new kick drum technique was when at a little past 10:00 p.m. my neighbor across the street and two houses down knocked on my door when the song ended and inquired as to how much longer practice would be going on, haha. Oops, sorry man, it's over - now. Whereas with the bagpipes, if they are ever going to be played, they need to be played well. Otherwise, as one of my buddies in junior high commented when our social studies teacher was showing off his bagpipe playing ability: it just sounds like he's squeezing a cat. Now, to avoid putting my bass drum foot in my mouth, I will add a caveat: the bagpipes played well are amazing. And create some of the most heartfelt music I've ever heard. Just not the thing I would want to hear somebody practice, or even listen to very often on the radio. Hence the above commentary, I hope that no bagpipe players were harmed in this post.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote