View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 09:15 PM   #52
chev-obsession

I haven’t had as much progress as I would have liked to get between tracking parts down, the holidays and family events. I got the spindles, rotors and calipers on today. This last week I had the bucket of antifreeze (or what was left of it) that was removed from the motor when I pulled the radiator and found it to be pretty slushy with it only being 20* at night. So I went to check on the motor in the truck, the passenger side was all fluid, the driver side had partially frozen. I pulled the bottom drain plugs on both sides, threw a couple heaters under the truck to get the motor thawed out. Initially I got all of the water out from the passenger side and about half a cup from the drivers side. When I got back later that day I found the drivers side to be completely thawed. I’m really hoping there was no damage that would cause a crack.

I was able to locate a sway bar, it’s somewhere in the 1” diameter range from a squarebody, also got a factory rear view mirror, a nice fan shroud and a wire gutter for above the radiator from a 69 custom camper also found a perfect factory spare wheel/tire in a ‘91 suburban in a junkyard.

In my quest for a decent set of heads… holy smokes what a fiasco. So far 3 of the 4 “993” heads have been cracked. TBD

I’m hoping to get the brake lines and the rest of the front end components installed next. Who knows when lol, I’m realizing that this project isn’t going as fast as I’d like it to go.

Last edited by chev-obsession; 12-31-2021 at 09:23 PM.
chev-obsession is offline   Reply With Quote