View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 12:53 PM   #183
tdishon

Re: 59 Apache/C6 Corvette build

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
maybe stick with the hood that fits and the v8 logo emblem, looks good. grafting the gmc hood hole into the narrower 58-59 hood may look crowded unless the hole size was downsized a bit? the hole may make it look taller or cluttered? its a bit of work also. will you also be badging the front fenders and tailgate or leave that badging off for a clean and smooth look? if so then the hood badging may look out of place so possibly the vent hole with a tastefully done logo or mesh would fit the mood a little better?
hows that for a clear cut answer, lol.
one thing that seems to stick out on these trucks is the bulbous front edge of the hood. personally, I like a hood that is slightly pancaked to drop the height of the front of the hood a bit. have you seen kabwe aka bams build? maybe search it and try around post 11 for his version or post 2230 for his other version. maybe you like maybe not but there are some different options for you to look at anyway. if you happen to have an extra hood laying around you could try the front vent hole or pancake or drop the center area between the lateral rails or another idea of your own maybe.
I read through Bam's build. Very nice and lots of detail work! I do like the changed hood on post #2230 and up. I think the GMC hood vent and emblem may only take away from the grill and bumper.
As for badging the rest. The tailgate is Chevrolet script. If I did GMC, I would have t change that... The sides are up in the air. I feel the 59 spears are very "clunky" and big, but I do have them. May just do the simple V8 factory emblem off the 58-59 GMC. Going to place some options on it and see what sits better with me. I'll post pics when I get there.

Last edited by tdishon; 01-14-2022 at 01:03 PM.
tdishon is offline   Reply With Quote