Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 08:37 PM   #22
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
Good for you for taking matters into your own hands. My dad was having similar struggles with his Vintage Air system. He decided to buy the equipment and do his own charging and discharging and troubleshoot with Vintage Air instead of keep paying a local shop. Now it works great.

If you don't already have the laser pulley alignment tool, get one. My dad had the same squeal issue and it ended up being the power steering pulley that we didn't press on far enough and thus was causing a belt squeal. Of course, this was after getting the updated Kwik bracket a year or so ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper58 View Post
TA C10, I have been away from this forum for awhile now, but I did want to check out your progress. Truck looks great! And though you might not like to hear this, it was nice to hear that someone other than me had similar squeal and alignment issues. Like someone else noted, I got laser alignment tool and went with a slightly shorter belt. That all worked. And I am going through similar AC charging issues. I will be reviewing your tips on that.
Best,
Phil
Thanks guys. A/C is continuing to give me issues. Blew another line again recently so I need to get that looked at. I don't think I'm charging it incorrectly, I think the line crimps just aren't holding for whatever reason. It's a different line this time. Will be working on that in the coming months.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote