View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 05:10 AM   #65
pryorstemmed
4wd Enthusiast

Re: Somewhat useless Truck trivia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
I'd still like to find something that says they weren't offered. Here is the sales brochure for the pick ups, cab and chassis, and 4-wheel drives. It doesn't say anywhere that the tool box can't be had on the 4x4 area. The tool box is in the available options area before pick up campers.

It says in the description for the VK2, CS-CE10934 for the models. Longhorns are model CE21034 even though they are called out after the model but their model number isn't listed. I almost wonder if this actually means a C10 couldn't get them unless it had power brakes? In much of these books or even sales brochures they hardly mention K trucks on the option stuff.

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-...Truck_PCK.html

I know it isn't looking very probable for the K trucks. I've even talked to a couple of guys who have been around and building these trucks for 40 years. They both said they have never seen a tool box in a 4x4 but they wouldn't say it wasn't possible. They said they were generally ordered with camper specials to house tie downs for campers etc. They said dang near anything could be optioned on these if a person wanted to pay for it so they weren't saying it wasn't possible.

This worthless thread is kina fun.
Here is a SPID I seen on FB. It has the tool and stowage box and is a K20. Not sure if it is legit or not.
Attached Images

*1970 Olds 442 W-30 M-21 4-speed
*1978 Ford F250 4x4 Ranger-Explorer-Camper Special Marti Report: 1 of 1
*1986 K30 Silverado Crew Cab 502/TH400
*2002 Silverado LT 2500 Duramax Long bed Crew Cab 4x4 107K original miles
*2022 RAM Bighorn 1500 Waldoch edition ...Daily Driver
pryorstemmed is offline   Reply With Quote