View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 09:06 AM   #31
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: Palf's 1970 Custom/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Cool truck and great story, Bill. Glad to hear and see that you're already enjoying it. Just for the heck of it, I will mention that I think that it looks great as is and that the paint would clean up nicely. I think you could even repair the rust and touch up those areas. If any of that plus the money and time saved appeals, just speak up I'm sure there are others that can help too. If you are wanting to make it look new again, then ignore everything I just said. It's yours, and what a blessing to be given something so significant as a tribute to your friendship. I didn't know it Ed, but I trust that he has passed on to a better place and hope that his widow is doing well as can be.
I have to replace both doors, do some patching on the hood and drip rails. My Truck club has already been on me about keeping it as is. If I can get it paint matched in those areas, I probably will keep the rest. Just not sure. I know it has not had any wax or whatever on it in 15+ years. My friend wanted nature to get all that out so it would be less cleaning off of all the old wax and etc before paint. The more I look at removing all the trim and replacing it again makes me want to keep it as is, except the few really bad spots.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote