View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 12:11 AM   #62
SCOTI

Re: New 1980 Camaro project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS short box View Post
Front brakes are 13" C5. Rear are 12" 97 Camaro. See pic of the front.
I've used this set up on a number of projects. I like to be able to buy replacements at the local parts store. C5 booster and 2002 Camaro master.
Wheels are American Racing. 18"x8" in front. 18"x9" in the back.
Tires are 275/40 in the rear and 245/40 in the front.
It's been a great project. Best no rust no hit original paint car I've ever bought.
Planning to chassis dyno it in a couple months when the weather gets a bit warmer.
No spacers to clear the caliper set-up?

I like using OE spec parts for easy service replacements as well. I know I've read about clearance issues w/the TT2 wheels & the late model calipers which is why I asked. I'm currently up-sizing the brake set-up on another project (g-body Malibu). Got the spindles modded for the adapter brackets & currently set-up w/98-02 f-body calipers/12" rotors. Been searching wheel options that aren't freakin' $1k each, have the late 70's vibe, but will clear the brake set-up if I were to go up to the C5 Z51 13.4" rotor size. Currently scoping the AR 'Rallys' but can't find much info on caliper clearance.

Frustrating....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote