Thread: 55.2-59 Replacing Cab Supports
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 09:02 AM   #6
59c10

Re: Replacing Cab Supports

Heres an update, finally uploaded soem pictures from my phone. I will hopefully be updating more progress from now on.

I have stripped all the wiring out of the cab. previous owner spliced in the C10 donar harness, there were connections with electrical tape and or house wiring marettes. I have a full new ez wiring harness to go in later.

Drivers cab corner was my first attempt at welding sheet metal. grinder got a work out. still have to finish some of the grinding but slapped some primer and and paint on it before it started snowing jsut incase. also had to replace the lower b pilar and step. ( in this picture its not welding in yet)

The previous owner scabbed in the C10 brake master/steerin bracket. I removed it and and replicating the drip rail section then using LS fabrication fire wall fillers to smooth the fire wall.

after removing lots of bondo i found what looks to be plasma cut our spot welds. there has been lots of suprises hidden under bondo so far.

Cab supports, both sides have similar rot. I have replacements but was wondering if anyone has advice ora DIY on patching these or replacing them. This truck will be a driver not a show vehicle. but the intenet is to keep it going down the road safely.
Attached Images

59c10 is offline   Reply With Quote