Thread: 1950 Build
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 10:17 AM   #17
dsraven

Re: 1950 Build

quick work so far. whats the plan up front, MII cross member? I would say maybe run a brace across the frame horns so things don't move on you. also, maybe do the frame checks before you commit to welding something new in. check corner to corner for square. I think the assembly manual says those dimensions can be out an eighth inch, check fore to aft for straight using a string line or a laser. I usually just mark the cross members at their mid point and then run a string or laser down the middle to see if it lands on the midpoint of each cross member. also check for fore to aft sag. better safe than sorry. those sandblasters are for sure an outside deal or else tarp off a "booth" for yourself and wear some respiratory system because the sand aint good for you. I have used those 3m strip it dpads and they work well. or a knotted wire cup wheel on a disc grinder but make sure to wear some good gloves and coveralls because they shed wire which are like little needles.
keep posting up your progress, looks like a fun time. do you have a plan for the end result?
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote