View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 10:36 PM   #15
chipmaker 1985

Re: 1967 5x4.75 help

Awesome stuff Guys!
Thank you all for the info.

This truck is just going to be a peppy little patina cruiser for the ole man to do burn outs and putt around the country in.

So, the CPP bolt on kit does indeed add 2.5" to the total front track width?

Machining parts is not a problem as long as it's time/money efficient. My Dad and I are both machinist and we have a pretty nice little manual machine shop set up.
Had originally thought about getting 71+ rotors and turning them down and re-drilling the pattern, but was worried about, casting issues and material thickness between the hub ID and OD after it was turned for the smaller center bore. Would like to use the factory or the possible 71+ spindles that we have.

Will just bite the bullet and buy some spindles and go with the method in the thread listed above if machining or the CPP bolt on isnt feasible.

Is there any way to confirm that what spindles we actually have? I know they were used on a 67-72 from what we were told, but I don't know with what set-up. We also have calipers with hoses with the casting number 5474176 if anyone knows what they are. I can't find many definitive answers from the number alone.

Back story: My dad has owned the 67 for years but was never able to restore it due to health and family issues. Due to it needing rockers and corners we decided to find him a nice roller we could throw his built 355 in for a quick project to get him cruising. Afterwards I'd buy the 67. Ended up buying a pretty nice 70 roller with a ton of new and slightly used aftermarket parts. A set of 18/20 wheels (in 5x4.75 of course SMH, lol), SPP lower tubular control arms RHE trailing arms, bolt on rear disc kit in 5x4.75, CPP sway bars etc....
After getting the 70 back to the shop the ole man decided that he just couldn't part ways with his beloved small window. So now we're going to put all the parts on the 67 and I'm going to build the 70 for myself after Dad is cruising. Going to be a fun adventure y'all probably be seeing a lot of me, LOL

Thanks again for all of the info
chipmaker 1985 is offline   Reply With Quote