View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 08:21 AM   #66
special-K
Special Order

Re: '95 Heater Control Panel. What's The Diff?

I've been getting through the winter with no heater fan. Actually, I lost fan function the tail end of last winter. I don't usually wear a jacket when driving, but wearing one makes it warm enough for me. I do have heat, just nothing pushing it. In the evening I shut the doors on a custom-cut tarp for across the windshield, to eliminate the need for the defroster. Works like a champ! My only worry has been driving in snow or freezing precipitation, but I've dodged that bullet so far.

I really do want to fix this issue, though. I found this video and am going to go this route. I've been hung up on paying $200 for an adaptor harness and the other option, change out the plugs as Sean has suggested. I'll just create a rats nest!

Time to hit the junk yard to clip out a 96-00 heater control w/a length of wiring. if the clips all break like mine did, I'll buy an aftermarket unit. They're cheap

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote