View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 07:30 AM   #329
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

So dear reader did my epic chilli allow the creative juices to flow?

Yes, Yes I think they did.

Let me preface this diatribe by making a confession. Painting scares me. Yes, I know, hard to believe but the thought of making a right royal cock up and having to strip something back to bare metal again fills me with dread.

Which is why my good pal Jay the Spring Slasher offered to stand behind me to make sure that if it all did go a bit Pete Tong he would be on hand to advise and correct.

Without further ado then lets open up the special mix paint and see how close it is to the panel I took as a sample.

Ahh.....

Lets hope it looks a little better when on a panel....

First job was to do a bit of masking.

Followed by loading the gun with Epoxy...

Quickly resulting in Jay making sure the gun was set up properly.

Before I was allowed to take over the reins resulting in this.

Not too bad, a few sags but nothing that couldn't be easily fixed, and a little confidence booster.

A second coat was quickly applied before turning the heater to full and retreating to the kitchen for Chilli, home made Guacamole and Salsa all washed down with a few bottle of Corona. Lovely.

An hour later everything had flashed off enough to mix up the Raptor, tint it with the GREEN and, deep breath, see how bad it actually was.

Paint, paint. Spray, spray.

Two coats later. well it is definitely GREEN!

But actually it is a pretty close match to the panels that have been hiding from the Californian sun for the past 50 years.

As we were cleaning up I stuck a bit of thinners on a rag and wiped the door over as they were very badly sprayed to reveal....

It was late by this time but was up early this morning as got all excited at the though there might be some genuine old fashioned sign writing on the doors but.....

That will be a no then.

However it is much better than before so I am still counting that as a win!

For a comparison, the drivers door.

With that I have family duties to attend to so tune in again next week when I will be putting some paint on the fire wall. What could possibly go wrong...

Until then.

ONWARDS!!!!

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote