View Single Post
Old 02-15-2022, 03:19 AM   #302
theastronaut

Re: 1966 F100 Short Bed Styleside Metal/Body/Paint Work

Driver side door progress. The rear edge of the door from the window frame down didn't fit too badly after the initial adjustment but the window frame was sticking way out.

Cowl top had the same mismatch as the other side.

Drip rail was flat across the middle compared to the window frame.

I used some blocks to wedge the door open at the bottom and shoved the upper rear inward by pushing on the window frame to twist the door into a shape that fit the cab opening better. That made the back edge of the door match the cab corner's shape much more closely and the window frame was no longer poking out at the top.

After readjusting the door to make the overall panel shape match up better with the cowl and hood the gaps were actually pretty decent, close enough that I think high build will close the gap up enough to hit my target .156" gap size.

Cowl sliced and reshaped to match the door's profile.

Touching up an uneven spot on the door gap. This area is difficult to make look right since the body lines and gaps are at weird angles.

Making the b-pillar flush with the window frame and closing up the gap. I also reshaped the drip rail to follow the curve of the door top for an even top gap.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote