View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 08:09 AM   #338
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

In between cutting up fallen trees and convincing my father that it was really not a good idea to go and cut the tops off the trees that hadn't fallen - it has been a bit 'Windy' in the UK over the past few days to say the least.... - I did manage to find a few hours on Saturday to play Tetris in my garage and get the front clip onto the lawn for cleaning and prep ahead of a coat of Raptor.

What should have been an hours job tops ended up being a 3 hour marathon as my petrol pressure washer decided that it didn't want to play ball and I spent an inordinate amount of time stripping the carb and cleaning it - who said this e10 stuff was harmless....

Anyway. Spray spray. Wash, wash.

Ta DA!

Clean. Then reverse Tetris to get it back in the garage, rough up the surface, throw some rust converter on it and mask up.

30 seconds to type, 2 hours to achieve. Which is where I left it as I was in danger of loosing vital parts of my anatomy if I did not spend some time with Lady P.

Up early this morning and mixed up the Raptor for my first solo flight. Must admit I stood there for a good 10 minutes going over how I was going to spray this in my head and then another 10 procrastinating until I thought, Sod It, added the paint and harder to the pot and Pssshhhh. PPPPssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Two coats later.

Think I have just become 'dangerous' with a gun....

That now concludes the painting element of our story - well until the inside - next, back to mechanical, building an exhaust working out what the hell to do with the gearbox and plonking the body back on the chassis.

47 days and counting. Can see some late nights in my future.

With that I will leave you to your Sunday roast.

Until the next time....

Onwards!!!!

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote