View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 04:01 PM   #5
KyFarm

Re: '69K10, Build/Help

I'm just not much of a photo-journalist and I can't figure out why some pictures I take with my iPhone end up on my macBook and others don't so this thread has gotten out of date.

Anyway, much progress has been made. I moved alternator and re-ran the fuel line to make them clear each other.

I finished wiring, although not wrapped and tucked away yet.

Gauge cluster is hooked up and steering column is installed, not steering wheel yet.

I made the mistake of waiting until after the steering column was in to re-install my brake pedal but did eventually get the pedal install.

Hooked-up the battery and with the help of an actual mechanic (only help I've had) primed the oil pump, got it started and timing set. IT RUNS!!

Left that day though with agreement that something wasn't fully correct with the electric choke. I figured out (with help from this board) that my tension ring around the choke cap was backwards and my choke was loose. Its basically impossible to adjust the choke with that TPS (throttle position sensor)installed so currently its off and today I installed the tension ring properly, did some on-line research and did an initial set-up of the electric choke and started her up. It could use some fine-tuning of the choke and fast idle speed, but it will start and run.

Now I need to re-install the TPS bracket and make sure it doesn't interfere with the choke in anyway. Before I believe it wasn't letting the choke come all the way off. I'm more clear on how that works now so hoping I can get that worked out tomorrow or Monday.

When my mechanic friend was out we lifted the rear off the ground and with motor running put that sucker in gear, nothing originally but slowly added trans fluid and in gear and out of gear on the column until it finally kicked in! I haven't driven it yet so the trans hasn't had a chance to shift gears, but it definitely will go from park or neutral to drive or reverse.

Pretty soon I hope to take it out on an initial drive up and down my 1 mile farm road.

All for now, if anyone has any questions I'll answer as best as I can

1969 K-10, Short Step, (383HT/4L70E soon)-NP205
KyFarm is offline   Reply With Quote