View Single Post
Old 02-26-2022, 04:20 AM   #190
Richard

Re: Restomod 72 K10 "Good Memories"

It has been a minute since the last post. Parts ordered, backordered, sent wrong and even ordered wrong. Parts re-ordered, wait for shipping, deal with refunds.

Rid the track bar completely of heims. The decision set me back a bit.
I only want to do this once and do it the way I want it. Getting the left hand thread Johnny joint and weld bung took a while. The through bolt hole in JJ pivot balls was 1/32" to small for my 3/4" bolt. Biggest they make in the narrow version. Machine shop wanted nothing to do with the hardened pieces. $20 worth of grinding stones used in my 20v Dewalt battery drill reamed them out to accept the bolts. Track bar frame bracket is located, lowered and moved forward. New bar is made with new joints. Waiting on a piece of tube to make a brace for the track bar mount to other side of frame.

Steering is sorted out, knuckle arm is reamed for top ball joint and drag link made. Track bar and drag link are almost the same length and running parallel. Bump steer should be non-existant. I ordered the wrong size u-joint for the steering box, took a bit to get sorted out with Summit. I did not get any replies in my post asking about spline shaft sizes. For those that want the info tilt column is 3/4"x36 spline and the 2wd steering box is 13/16"x36 spline.

Front air bumps are located on both sides of front axle. Still a bit of work to do on the mounts. in pic it looks like not a lot of up travel, the axle at ride height will be 2.5"-3" lower than it is seen.
Hoping to get started on shock hoops next week. Have some other work to take care of to.
Attached Images

Richard is offline   Reply With Quote