View Single Post
Old 02-26-2022, 05:41 PM   #5
RustyPile

Re: Can somebody please tell me where all the extra wires go on the power window swit

None of the GM window switches have a black wire nor a ground. The ground "path" is a separate circuit. The switches simply reverse the polarity as I previously stated. Five wires for the master switch and 3 wires for the passenger side. It's possible you have the wrong switches or Painless uses a design that's different from GM's. You should contact Painless and obtain a schematic for their harness. Their harnesses require some knowledge and "engineering" when installing. I've seen very few of them that were 100% plug and play.

You let the smoke out of a component?? That's not a good sign, the component is now probably bad.. What about any damaged wires?? When testing such as you conducted, use fuses, and/or circuit breakers for component and wiring protection and use a light bulb as a load.. You can't just randomly connect wires "to see if that works"..

Here is a link to a forum website that is packed full of electrical stuff - diagrams, troubleshooting, circuit tabulations, etc.. Scroll down past the circuit tabulation charts. You'll find several wiring diagrams.. In those diagrams is the diagram for power window circuits.. Wire colors, connector identification, etc..

http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com/tech...10_30_Only.pdf
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote