View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 09:33 PM   #92
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

well today i spent hours,as usual,on a few things that should've taken minutes.i installed the new repro firewall wiring gutter,straightened out the firewall wiring and connected everything ,only to find the gutter so stiff,i had to fight with it to get the wire harness fed through it.3 screw holes in the gutter and 2 of them line up with the holes already in the firewall?so i either drill a hole in the firewall where the hole is in the plastic chinese crap or use the hole in the truck and have a hole in the gutter without a screw?small stuff maybe but it drives me bonkers.i installed the rad support and the old "Power Beam' headlights and then went to work on the rad support new repro piece of crap wiring gutter,it's too long,has about 6 screw holes,i don't think any of them were in the right place?i trimmed the ends so it looked like the worn out original gutter,cleaned up and retaped where it needed it,the front light harness and when i tryed to feed wires through it,impossibe,as hard as a bullet and when i pulled back the gutter to make a place for the wires,there's a lip on the inside that prvents the wires from going in at all?absolute garbage.i don't why anybody would make something wrong,or what anybody would sell it??i know i'm too fussy but it should be this difficult for something so simple?anyway tomorrow i'll take the rad support gutter back off,trim the lip on the inside that prevents the harness from fitting.once i get the lights wired,it'll be time to build a rad and start up this new motor.
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote