View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 10:32 PM   #8
kxmotox247

Re: One Piece Floor - Any recent updates on Quality or Installation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL SKOOL View Post
Top notch work as always. Very nice job on the bracing.
Thank you OL SKOOL. I try. Like everyone else I try to learn and up my game each time to make things easier in the future.

Things took longer today than I thought. I was able to get both rockers out. I could have crudely hacked them out but I wanted to remove them carefully to do a test fit of the new rockers using the old floor. I'll attach a couple of pics. I believe these are key parts rockers and were purchased thru GMC Pauls. They feel a bit lightweight compared to the 67-72 Key Parts rockers. They also have the little gold Made in Taiwan stickers which I hadn't seen before on Key Parts stuff so now I'm suspecting they could be some other stampings. Holding confidence that GMC Pauls is selling the best regardless of manufacturer. They have that reputation.

So the report is that the rears of the rockers fit great. The fronts are a little off and will require a bit of massaging to fit properly. Not a huge deal. The weather strip seal appears to be a little further away from the OE floor (closer to the door). We'll see what it looks like with the new floor. I really just wanted to see what these relationships were like with the OE floor.
Attached Images

kxmotox247 is offline   Reply With Quote