View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 12:26 AM   #2
burb71

Re: Windshield Washer Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschroeder View Post
I am finishing up a full restoration on a 1970 CST10, and the washer pump isn't pumping water. The pump is working because when I push the washer button I hear the thud, and clicking nose for 5-10 seconds. I did the "washer pump repair kit" from LMC Truck, and replaced all the rubber lines, but apparently something else is wrong. I did find some past posts on this topic, and I will try to manually prime the system with water and see if that works. If that does not work, does that mean I should go ahead and replace the pump? I know these factory pumps are not the best, but I really do not want to put an aftermarket pump on it. Thank you for your help. Thank you
I just put a new Pump & Motor on mine, I primed it now it squirts like a stud.
But I must have hooked up the motor wrong or something, its not wiping on slow or fast, it only wipes the 3 or 4 times when it squirts and go's back off.

Ive heard you need to keep the reservoir jug full and use the pump every once & awhile, or the rubber diaphragm in the the pump will dry & crack from the engine heat if no fluid is in it. Then it won't be able to pump fluid all over again.

Last edited by burb71; 03-06-2022 at 12:38 AM.
burb71 is offline   Reply With Quote