View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 01:55 AM   #13
dagnabbitt

Re: 1972 GMC 2500 6.2 Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
You may not believe me, but I really like this truck. I mean really, a lot. And I mostly favor originality in trucks this age. I think you tapped into the truth when you realized how much work went into it and how much the previous owner liked it. Even how the tan pieces in the interior all matched and were coordinated. I would even be happy keeping the OBS 60/40 seat. However, I cannot tell you how much distaste I have for the stripe-y rims. But honestly, if those were painted or powder coated a gunmetal gray? I think it would look really cool. They totally carry the stance off with that truck. I will follow your work on this avidly. I have completely lost my desire to ever have perfect trucks. And I have come to appreciate the character present in trucks like this one you found. It says a lot when a guy keeps saying how much he loves driving his recently acquired beat up old truck. And that he keeps driving past the gas stations.
Honestly, that means a lot to me, because I wasn't sure too many would see what I see. Most people who appreciate these trucks lean towards originality - myself included - but this one seems to combine the spirit of 72 with a little bit of whatever you want. It makes me happy to think that people other than myself and the original owner would appreciate this truck: I love to drive this one.

On the subject of the wheels, the steelies I referenced above are blasted, powdercoated, and on the truck, along with new Firestones. It looks a lot better already, I am just waiting for the right set of hub caps and I will post pics.

This pic is from a couple week ago, ha. Did it start? Yes it did.
Attached Images

1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10

Last edited by dagnabbitt; 03-06-2022 at 02:03 AM.
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote