View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 01:17 PM   #885
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Post your C/L finds for everyone to enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
Honest question Dan, are prices for old Trucks actually that crazy in California?

That is maybe a 3500/4000 dollar truck Iin this area. A documented Napco Conversion would be worth a bit more but for 12K here it had better run, drive and have new tires on it and be ready to go down the road and a conversion with ??? running gear doesn't add a lot of value.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier. Yeah, as my nephew who regularly flips cars says, "Nothing is cheap anymore". And he's right.

If you go back to the beginning of my build thread back in 2011 I paid $4600 for my '55 big window. It was running though it needed a full tune up and fluids changed. Had already been converted to 283/350TH/10 bolt rearend with 5 lugs all around and I got criticized for paying that. I thought it was a good deal then and it is a spectacular deal now.

Same truck today someone would ask stupid money like $20,000 for it and claim it had "patina" - it DIDN'T!

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote