View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 09:59 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Re: Suburban/Extended cab bucket seats in a regular cab truck(1997) ??

I just put the '94-back style high back cloth buckets in my '95 Suburban Cheyenne bench seat. I am not sure what these buckets came out of, but the passenger side brackets are different from the driver side, which are similar to the bench seat brackets. Follow that? The bench seat brackets have the same look and same mounting. The passenger side bolts down quite differently. They bolt down ahead of and behind the brackets, not inside the bracket bottoms. The original low-back vinyl buckets in '92 K3500 as well as the (said to be) Tahoe high-back cloth buckets I replaced them with all had the same type brackets as the drivers side I just installed. Another note is those said to be Tahoe high-backs had arm rests on both sides of each seat. These I just installed only have inner arm rests

In my '92 I was able to straight out swap seats, all bolted up the same. On this swap I just did, the driver side outer mounts were the same. The front inner mount is under the floor but inner skin is not drilled. I drilled that out to find it took a 10mm bolt where the OEM outer mounts take 12mm. I had to drill and through bolt the inner rear.

On the passenger side I could only use the front outer mount. The brackets are longer, so I had to drill and through bolt the other three locations.

They are in and feel really great
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote