View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 11:20 AM   #277
EagleChief

Re: Doing LS Swap - I have no idea what I'm doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2809 View Post
I don't know if I missed it, but what tank setup are you using?
I'm going with the Jeep Wrangler tank. If I remember right, I ordered one for a '90 model FI tank. I'm mounting it under the bed, behind the axle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelo View Post
Here is a picture of where my ECM ended up. Yes it's connected, the wiring comes up between the fender well and the cab. I plan on painting it black but haven't got around to it yet. Factory holder behind it with a wire bail keeping it in.
My harness was a conversion, not custom, so I had only so much wire to work with.
Yea, I'm pretty sure I'm going to mount it in the engine bay. Probably on the driver side fender. I have an a/c truck, so that spot on my firewall is taken up by the heater/ a/c stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biketopia View Post
Progress is progress!! I've been trying to get my Camaro fired up so I can get the truck moved in before my first kid is here in June, never enough time! As far as "where all the connections are located?" what all are you looking for, engine sensors, truck connections, others??
If you can, get that stuff done before you have your kid! Congrats by they way! I've got 3 of them (oldest will be 6 in a couple of months). All of my work on the truck is after 10pm. Hence, why I haven't finished my gas tank yet - I need to cut some more metal out, but their bedrooms share the garage wall.

Anyway, I was looking for a picture of the engine that showed where each connection point was located. I think I have most of them figured out, but I second guess myself too much and worry about hooking things up correctly. I have the injectors, alternator, coolant connection hooked up. Pretty sure I can do the transmission connections. But, there are several like the oil pressure (I think it's behind the engine), knock sensors, MAF (I'm afraid I may have a wrong connection type for it), and some others that I don't remember what they are called.

Luckily, all of my connections on the wiring harness are labeled. I just need to figure out where those connections are on the truck motor. I've seen a lot videos on the car motors, but the truck intake throws me off when when looking at pictures/videos 'cause they are slightly different.

My Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=780197

LS Swap Thread: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=811460
EagleChief is offline   Reply With Quote