View Single Post
Old 03-21-2022, 07:07 AM   #35
LEEVON

Re: "Carmine" '79 GMC K15

Next up was the lack of tail lights or license plate light. I found the entire rear harness cobbled up under the truck and was able to take it out and make a nice repair on the bench. Since I had the headlight switch out for troubleshooting I went ahead and replaced it too. Now I can drive it to work and my son can drive it to school.

Since I had the bezel off I went ahead and installed the new radio from classiccarstereo.com. It looks great, is easy to use and has an add-on bluetooth module with an indicator light. I put new 6x9's in the rear cab corners with some heavy duty brackets I bought from Ebay I think. The old stereo barely worked and would stop after a few minutes, so it's nice to have some reliable tunes. It was so tempting to start the complete interior restoration at the same time but I had to stop myself.

I also received a bed mad from Holley, and man it really exceeded my expectations! They have the only long bed square body mat for about $145 shipped. It is very thick and extremely heavy. I think it will go nicely with the camper shell I picked up this week (surprise!).
Attached Images