View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 04:53 PM   #146
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: LockDoc's "Low Budget", "Low Maintenance" Project Thread

-
The electric Fuel pump assembly is pretty much ready to go in. I'm waiting on the new pump so I can use the filters on this one. I wasn't able to find just the filters. I am going to try the pump out of the donor truck first. It looks to be in good shape and was a running/driving truck when the guy hit the deer and rolled it..

First thing I did was to measure the overall length of the stock pickup tube. Then I cut the tube off so I had 1" of clean tube below the sender bracket and put a small bubble flare on it. I then figured out how much hose I would need between the pump and pickup tube to get the 14 1/2" overall length I needed to the bottom of the pump. I made sure that the pump wouldn't interfere with the float arm and tightened the clamps down. I can shorten or lengthen it overall by about 1/2" either way. I need to drill a small hole in the sender mounting flange to feed the wires through and get that sealed up. As I mentioned before I am going to try and use the original vent outlet on the top passenger side of the tank for my fuel return line.

We will see how this works out and if I will need to make any modifications to it.....

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote