View Single Post
Old 03-29-2022, 07:45 AM   #585
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do to your truck today??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just call me Sean View Post
My 93 has been cracked since I got the truck. Not just cracked but spider webbed on both sides. The 99 is only cracked, as is the S10.
It has been at least three years with mine. I need piece of mind. I get all worried every time I see a cop. Plenty of them around and some areas have very zealous ones, especially my town. I'm trying to bring this Suburban back uphill after just running it to get by for so long. It's starting to feel more special to me, not that I didn't always like it. I've been focusing funds on the house and figuring I'll end up replacing it. Well, I don't see that happening anytime soon so I need to give this thing more respect. Other than tires and shocks, I'm starting from the inside out. Got bucket seats and console now and soon I'll have the multi-function switch and heater controls fixed. I have an upgrade steering wheel and stereo, as well as nice cluster surround and cupholder to go in at that time. Also needed a glovebox and that has now been replaced. So it will be nice looking out through a good windshield for a better driver seat experience. I also plan on pickup carpet. The rubber mat was worn through at the heel for gas foot when I bought it and the carpet will make it more cozy. The interior has been crappy since I bought it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Finally put in new plugs and wires on the Yukon. My arms and hands look like they've been wrestling a gator but I won!
That's a good step taken in maintenance of a truck that needs little. I should do the same, but that's item #32 on my list

I know what you mean about torn up forearms. Does our skin get more dry or thin or something when we get older? I'm always chewing them up doing things. I can't prune a bush without poking or scraping them up

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote