View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 11:05 PM   #9
Dan in Pasadena

Re: '49 Suburban Spotted in Pismo Beach - NIIICE!

Thanks for the info, Marc. I was pretty sure I remembered seeing a Suburban somewhere that had nicely finished oak in back with chrome strips. But then I thought maybe it was in a Burb someone had customized with a pickup type bed.

I doubt the dual gas fillers both work. Not sure why he left them both - I think it's the one "miss" I saw on the truck but the rest of it was very admirably done. He has a single spot light on the center of the cab roof and it kinda looks cool. Very practical too though I think it was that way when he bought it. The big bracket and iPad(I assume) or radio bolted to the dash is a little out of place but he truly uses the truck for towing and daily driving so I can appreciate the practicality of it. I'd likely do something a bit different but he has it on the road and is using it so who am I to disagree?!

Glad you guys enjoyed seeing it.

Since I posted this I may as well post this OTHER unique and cool toad I saw this week. A PERFECTLY restored Citroen 2CV. I didn't get a chance to speak to the owner but you can barley see small black tabs under the front bumper that he uses to tow the car. I did a quick Google search on these cars and his color scheme is a factory scheme.

For those not old enough to recall these cars they are French and were made essentially the same from about 1940 to the early 1990's. The only change I recall was rectangular headlights somewhere along the line. Original engine was a 600cc 2 stroke. No idea what the later engine may have been.

Anyway, my little color coordinated 2012 Fiat 500 -usually a somewhat unique toad at most RV campgrounds compared to all the Jeeps - was WAAY outclassed by these two vehicles this trip.
Attached Images

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 04-07-2022 at 11:10 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote