View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 12:50 PM   #6
SCOTI

Re: Exhaust routing with a Dropmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty one View Post
I started out to but my welder took a dump so I was going to get a muffler shop to do it. I wanted some pics to show its possible to run it from the exhaust mani to the kick up at the chassis then to rear of the front tire.
I figure it's only 2" pipe so a 90 should work and still have room at the front shock and tire.
My buddy's engine was a mild 350 & they used 2.25" tubing. A local muffler shop welded it up so it definitely can be done.

Is your welder dead or are you having issues laying consistent beads? If it's still able to pulse/tack, route the set-up & tack the pieces together. Then take it to the muffler shop & let them weld it up.

If the welder is completely dead, you can build small sections to get the routing you need using some strong masking tape to hold the 45°/90° bends together. Take them to the muffler shop & get them tacked. Go back to the truck & verify things are still good. Make corrections as needed. Repeat the effort section by section & it can be built. This is how I've built the exhaust set-ups I've done.

Once the layout is all tacked together, it can be finished welded back @ the muffler shop.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote