View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 09:19 PM   #597
Just call me Sean

Re: What did you do to your truck today??

On my way home I was behind a little Ford Ranger when it bounced up with a big puff of a dirt cloud and some big thing came out from under it. I'm not sure if I heard a bang when it hit it but I sure remember the bang when I hit it. I couldn't really do anything and I'm glad I didn't because it went under between the tires. It dented the front of the lower control arm where it attaches to the frame. It cut the frame a little where the rear of the control arm attaches. It put a small dent in the exhaust crossover pipe. It dented the transmission crossmember. It then hit the gas tank and ripped a chunk out of the plastic shield and dented the gas tank. It caught the rear wiring harness for the taillights and fuel pump and ripped them from the frame, and put more scrapes down the gas tank shield and bent the rear gas tank strap. Then it hit the rear axle tube before it got thrown up as it came out from under the truck and hit my trailer frame where it comes together to the hitch and because of the angle it ejected to the side keeping it from going under the trailer. This was on the toll road so not any good spots to stop with cars flying by, but I stopped briefly to make sure my tires weren't flat and I wasn't leaking fluid. I made it home and inspected the damage better there. The Ranger must have gotten messed up. I definitely saw one flat as he was pulling over and it's a lot closer to the ground than my truck.
Just call me Sean is offline   Reply With Quote