View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 03:51 AM   #845
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Well, Wheels Day came and went.

I chose not to go for various reasons, none very valid in retrospect.

I hope it was a good day for those who went and that someone takes the time to create thread for us all.

At home I saw this walking to the garage with uncle Bob who came to see what filler cap my gas tank needs.

He does not have one that fits in his stash either.

Parts store it is then. Fingers crossed.

Or else it may end up being a simple plastic bung type in the end, protected by the locking toolbox, balanced on the rear bumper.

While I was at that job, I pulled out the towball and plate that came from somewhere.

I want to be able to tow with this car, my small garden trailer etc.

So along with the toolbox bolted on, I am going to weld this guy onto the top bolt and fasten it with the nut from behind.

Tow ball goes one step lower.

I can imagine people shouting and gesticulating on the motorway that I have forgotten my toolbox and wrench on the back.

Cleaned and painted.

Needs fitting and wiring into loom.

Weirdly, I did not get started till after 1.00pm with helping Mickey next door, and Uncle Bob spending more than two hours here.

So I drilled the holes for the plates to hold the new dash, using existing holes.

Then added more holes through both wood and fiberglass.

Should hold it in place.

Once all were straightened and made to fit exactly as expected, I added the glue to seal them in place.

And the rear looks tidy.

I will trial fit it later today, in the hope all 11 studs thread through the holes and that it fits around the steering wheel and under the window frame.

Sun is out……
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote