View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 07:44 AM   #2616
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I went up to the hardware store to get wire and conduit, etc., to run 220 to my new table saw. I was looking at jacks and plugs and other such nonsense when I remembered that I had an extension cord that I used to use for a 6 HP planer-molder that I have since sold. Since the new saw is 3 HP and draws less amps, I'm going to save myself a couple hundred dollars. All I need is one jack on the end of that cord that my saw can plug into. SCORE!
I'll say! The price of wire is through the roof. Down in the more populated area, Lowe's and Home Depot now keep all that in a locked cage. How thieves stroll out the door with a roll of cable is a mystery to me. They don't cage it at the ones I go to. I need to run power to my little garage I built, and my barn I'm moving from there. On the second floor of the barn I have a 250' roll of 12/3 I bought 20 or so years ago. Thank goodness!! That was a good investment

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote