View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 08:06 PM   #22
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
Oh no, a Ford part on a Chevy! Clean work on the install though, looks factory.

I wouldn't expect the pinion nut to be gorilla tight after a lot of miles, but not loose like you mentioned. When replacing the pinion bearings and races, usually a new crush sleeve is installed which takes a huge amount of torque on the pinion nut to get to the 12-15 in/lbs of rotational torque on the pinion itself. That nut is manufactured to not just thread on with your fingers though, it's somewhat of a locking nut.

I'm that the BP kit includes the 3-relay fan setup? I think the two-speed fan setup is the best if you have 2-speed fans. My SPAL fans aren't intended for two-speed so I either have one or two fans running full speed.

Yes the BP kit does have 3 relays, I do wish they could have made it more compact. It seems unnecessarily large.
I hope the fans and BP kit work well for a while, if not , they aren’t very expensive when compared to some of the other after market fans. But then, as the saying goes, “ you get what you pay for”. So we shall see.
Attached Images