View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 08:07 AM   #2648
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Last year I had the fill valve go up on my washer. Yes, a top-loader, but to me that is just a washing machine. I built a laundry room in the back corner of my house, on a slab. So I realize the washer is still filling and go check. Shoot! water on the floor!! Took me an hour to dry it all up. Then I had to find a fill valve for the 35 year old machine. Ebay to the rescue, reconditioned used, 2yr warranty, $20 free shipping. And people were asking why I didn't just get a new washer. Cuz that would be dumb?

Last week my friend had the same problem with his washer. The only difference is, when they built their McMansion they put the laundry room on the second floor. Always looking for more convenience, folks these days do that so they don't have to carry laundry up and down steps. I've been doing that all these years without a thought. Never bought a stair-stepper gismo for exercise either. So his wife who doesn't work, for some reason puts a laundry load in before going to bed. The fill valve fails, so the pace flooded down to the main floor and on down to the finished basement. He still doesn't have the verdict from the adjuster, but his kitchen is gutted to bar studs, flooring all pulled up, many other areas stripped to the studs, including the basement. I'd guess at least $60k in damage. Good thing for insurance, but he tells me his policy carries a $10k deductible. Yeeouch! I guess my hour of sopping up water and $20 part doesn't seem so bad now. Neither does walking up and down the steps!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote