View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 04:42 PM   #1518
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bradbury View Post
I met a guy over the weekend who was attempting to build a stroker through Jegs and had the same delays as you did, they made excuses of supply chain issues and he felt stuck because they had already sent him a bunch of small parts off of the order but the big ticket items like the block were still MIA. He finally got fed up with the run around after three months and asked them to give him a return ticket and sent it all back. He called Summit and they had exactly what he needed on the shelf and sent it out that week. He had it on his door step by that Friday and installed it in time for Goodguys San Diego.

I have not had those kind of issues from Jegs given that I have only ever ordered smaller parts at any one time. But reading your back log account reminded me of the conversation I had this weekend.
I've had problems with parts from summit, jegs and rockauto. Even a tractor parts supply order for a tie rod had issues. Inner and outer tie rod ends with a connecting tube. The outer tie rod wouldn't fit in the tube. The shaft was machined 1/16" too fat. I asked them to measure the replacement part before sending, they did and found the whole batch was bad. There was another part number that would work if I cut some length off but I asked them to measure that before I ordered, figuring it was likely from the same manufacturer. Finally after a couple weeks of waiting they let me know it measured ok and I got the part delivered yesterday. It looks like it's right, I'll try and put it together here soon.

I'm not blaming jegs or summit, they are selling parts that they state are not in their stock and shipped by the manufacturer. Shipping dates are estimates. I didn't send anything back to them that was delivered, just canceled the remaining part of the orders and moved on. During the 2 months of waiting I was routinely looking for other sellers that actually had the parts in stock, checking ebay, etc. Nobody had them. Competition Products is one I've used in the past but must not have sucked up to google enough to get placement during my searches. I was scrolling my old bookmarks looking for options and finally found the cam and lifters that way.

It could be worse. Really glad these things I'm working on are not my daily or critical for my income.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote