View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 08:38 AM   #609
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do to your truck today??

Ohhh... It's a GMC! . Flat tires always suck.

Last November I go to Lowe's. This store has no straight out front parking. They put the "pro" spaces along the side of the store, one row. I back in to go pay for cinder blocks, pull under the canopy to load. I'm about half loaded and a man with his son walks by, lets me know my left rear tire is low. I look and it is flat-ass-flat. Great! 1000# of block loaded up and I have to change a tire. Damn lazy sloppy contractor dropping screw out of their trucks. I hope they give themselves plenty of flats and not just everyone else.

Shoot! I didn't have anything to pop a hubcap off and I have no idea how much air is in my spare. Felt hard but with hauling the weight, tire is old, and no tool to remove hubcap... as well as I'd rather use a floor jack and star wrench than the factory gear, I called on my son to run those things up, including a tire inflator. That got me home.

I knew it was time for new tires, but had to buy some time. Well, that flat tire had a cut across the treads and not good enough to go back on the truck. That's how I came to be running the tires off my '72 that rubbed on the front, bad. I put the two best old tires on the front once it appeared new tires would have to wait longer. My level of appreciation for the new set I finally was able to buy was greatly increased by the deprivation, the length of time, the unknowing, then finally the wait for having the wheels sandblasted and painted. Rags to riches! Getting new tires and reconditioning the wheels has taken a low point in last year and turned it into a major event for this year for me! I really do need to get out and do more things

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote