View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 04:21 PM   #129
car46999

Re: 700R4 TCC Wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
We will see if anyone expresses interest. I'd be happy to send a PCB, the code, and the STL file for the enclosure to anyone who wants to give it a try. The bare PCBs cost $2 plus $7 shipping from jlcpcb.com. I guess they are banking on me ordering 10,000 of these at some point. Highly unlikely!

It's been drizzling and foggy here for the last few days, so I haven't been driving my truck. I've been wanting to record a video of the controller in action, but that will have to wait. I think I have a chance of being able to drive my truck without constantly thinking about the TCC with this setup.
Hello sir, I am helping my brother with his 1987 GMC Jimmy and came across your arduino torque converter control project. His Jimmy was originally a TBI engine with a 700R4, we have now converted it to carburetor. So we need a way to control the lockup of the converter. After looking at the vacuum switch options, I felt like there must be a better way. Since I have worked with arduinos previously, I searched and came up with your posts.

I would love to get a copy of your gerber files and the arduino sketch. I looked over your parts list and I am thinking I might be able to use an OEM 1bar MAP sensor in place of the NXP sensor you used. It is a 0-5V sensor, and I already have one handy. Any thoughts on that sensor?
car46999 is offline   Reply With Quote