View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 06:47 AM   #14
special-K
Special Order

Re: Is there any cure for our affliction?

Nice find on truck number 2! One problem with these trucks is there are all the configurations and then a few different styling changes and then there are colors and base vs loaded. I find it easiest to buy one of each than decide on only one

I found the formula for at least bringing it under control. Divorce. But it takes more. First you have to be about 50 years old ready to get out of the business, sell off properties, and move to the mountain home you bought in the last year. Then you have to find out your wife has debt greater than the balance on existing home, refinance into mortgage (till it sells), wife leaves months later, and the bottom drops out of the economy. It takes a while to work, because the summer she left I bought a '71 C/30 tow truck I always wanted and a '71 SWB K/10 I always wanted. Bought a '69 C/20 Stepside for parts, too. Full-time truck play now that I'm single!! Recession gets worse, money gets tight, forfeit that mountain home, and start selling trucks off. It's a long drawn out process I wouldn't recommend trying. I'm down to two, which I'm pretty good with. But I still get the cravings. So it's not really a cure. Just a way to better manage the affliction, if you consider less trucks as being better

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-12-2022 at 08:06 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote