View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 08:38 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

Re: solution that make fender bolts look new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
if you decide to use Ospho read this thread before buying it . it's a process not just soak and go .

http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.ph...ze-ospho.3973/
Correct. I didn't get into finishing them, just the topic of rust removal/cleaning. It's really not the big deal you want to make it out to be. I've been using OEM bolts all my life, since before the internet when supplies became so available. When I started doing frame-offs it was 100% correct restorations, and not just these trucks. It's just the proper way it was always done in the restoration world.

The only hardware I paint is the bolts that get body paint on them. You should prep new bolts for paint as well. I also think that guy makes a bigger deal than it actually is. Overkill is being safe for sure. I've never seen any problems with paint after using Ospho. When I store the hardware after Ospho I spray with mineral oil to prevent rust flashing back.

I guess I never searched that Auto Tech Rust Prep. I found it online, even the same label after 20 or so years. They improved the spray head. Mine's pump spray and it stopped spraying. It's not clear. This stuff made rusty metal fresh raw metal color
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-21-2022 at 08:44 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote