View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 08:14 PM   #796
Kronald_70GMC

Re: My 1970 GMC “Project Splice”

Today I was able to "extract" the passenger side filler piece from the mould so to speak. I got a layer of cloth layed down on the back side so I will be ready to build up the front to the same thickness as the other side. Once I had that done, I stripped the old nasty cover off of the passenger side seat and repaired all the bent areas around both seat bottoms. I then got a couple of angle irons made up and bolted them to the bottom of the seat. My next move will be to temporarily weld on some steel rod to the angles so that I can place my seat and pull measurements for the rest of the brackets.

The first picture is what the seat bottoms looked like before straightening, they were both like this. The second picture shows after I had straightened the corner out. I'm not too sure if these seat foams are in "usable" condition or not but I would like to clean up and paint the seat frames and as far as I can tell, I have to completely ruin the foam to get it off of the frame? If there is anyone put there who has any info on this, I would be greatly appreciative.
Attached Images

1970 GMC "Project Splice"

2017 Silverado LTZ (Daily Driver)

IG: kyle_ronald
Kronald_70GMC is online now   Reply With Quote