View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 09:49 PM   #35
dagnabbitt

Re: 2-4 drop question

I think I'll try a 2/4 drop using only springs on my 1970 SWB, this summer. I did what amounted to a 5/7 drop on my 81, and although once I was done with the flip kit and the spindles etc I was quite happy, it was quite the production.

I've had the 70 for 7-8 years and done nothing to it except drive it, mostly because I am a maniac for one thing always leading to another. For me it is either project creep or analysis paralysis, nothing in between.

To explain: I wanted to drop it in the weeds, but - I thought - if I were to lower the stance I might as well upgrade to power and disc brakes too... and if I were doing that, then I should also swap everything over to five lug... and then I have to choose new wheels... and get a panhard bar and shock relocators and so on... and why am I doing this when the truck clearly needs a new engine? Long story short I have been wracked with indecision and have gone nowhere with this truck as a result.

This summer I came to the realization that I have been driving this truck around for quite awhile and I need to check my brake pads and drums, and I expect that they will be overdue for replacement. I think I will just replace everything with OEM and skip the disc and lug upgrade, but buy 2 and 4 inch drop coils and give this truck a better look than what it has now. I like the look of the trucks in this thread and I know I will be happy with this incremental improvement.

This is my favorite truck and I haven't event started a build thread for it. Gotta make some decisions.
Attached Images

1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote