View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 05:32 PM   #85
LT7A

Re: What would you do ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
UGH ! You had to remind me Well nothings happened fast . The idiot That started all this is nowhere to be found , His phone is off , When they came down from Chicago they had a 5th wheel in a local trailer park and they are gone from there , The land he "bought " was a BUY OWNER FINANCED property owned by an investment company located in Dallas , Tx The real estate company he "bought " it from is located in Ga, and "sold " it to him on line So No title company was involved and wouldn't be until he paid it off in 10 years ! So Basically I can pay the attorney $5,000.00 up front to try to find the guy and try to hold him responsible for damages and in the end the best I could hope for would be a judgement that may never be paid , It's just not worth the time and money to try to chase him . He walked away from the land deal he had and is only out his deposit . And we get left with the clean up . And a purple gate !
And chickens!

IIRC. Sure sorry for you guys in all this. The company that sold it should have some liability, but making that stick is probably difficult and time-consuming and costly. However, you've given me an idea for a new side income. I think I will start to sell things I don't own.

Last edited by LT7A; 05-26-2022 at 05:45 PM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote