pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunschweiger View Post
Nice progress
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's Chevy View Post
Looking good! That's sweet you were able to use the stock glass. I'm replacing mine on the 66 as it was scratched and hazed pretty bad. Had to do Crustine the 64 because of a rather large spider crack years ago.
I'm hoping it all works out. I've got a little bit of polishing to do. I've got a few projects I've been working on right now. We are leaving for Qregon for our yearly visit with family and friends and some camping at the coast. I'm not going to have Sanity on the road before we leave. I need a new battery but I'm not getting one till we get back. I've got the licensing to take care of, also. My alternator went out a few days ago. I can't understand why. It came with the serpentine system I bought so it is 30+ years old. I got that installed and I put some new battery connectors on.
I also have the wiper transmission arms ready to install. The cowl connection screws have been waiting for some attention for a while now. They were stripped, enlarged, and had 3 different size screws holding it down. I got everything aligned how it needed to be and surprisingly five of the existing holes were aligned with the cowl holes. The 2 on the outside were a bit off. I got all of the holes drilled and the nutserts installed. I think it worked well. I'm also ready to assemble the wing windows. I just need one more coat of paint on the frames. The last thing is a big setback for getting on the street, so I decided to get things rolling now. The differential needs serious help so I'm going to rebuild it with an Eaton tru-track limited slip and replace the ring and pinion and whatever else. I'm going to try getting things apart and order parts before we leave so I'll be ready for assembly when we return. Here are a few pics of work
Attached Images

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote