View Single Post
Old 06-04-2022, 07:52 PM   #5203
G&R's57GMC

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

So Twelve years ago I had NoLimit (back when they were in Southern California) install their Wide Ride IFS and Fat Bar rear suspension with a Currie 9" on my bare Chassis .

After I got it home I installed my New Wheels and Tires , but something just didn't seem right .
It looked like the distance between the tires wasn't great enough to clear the bed sides .

Well other projects kept me busy for the next five years then Life got real with my wife dying .
In 2016 I met my future wife and we were married the next year . Life was great again

Meanwhile the chassis was on the back burner . Over the years I collected parts and dithered on witch of my 3 TF trucks would get the new chassis , the original plan was for the '56 Chevy LongBed .

But How cool would it be to put it under my '56 GMC Suburban PU (Cameo)with just a little slice and dice of the fiberglass quarters it would be a long wheelbase .

Or perhaps put it under my '57 GMC NAPCO .

Well this debate went on for years until I finally decided to sell both '56's . Now that that is settled the '57 gets the chassis .
BUT my '66 Dart is in the shop now and I have to put it together and I've been dragging my feet on that project since 2018 .

Life jumped up and bit me in February and by late April the surgery is done and I'm recovering nicely .

OK enough about the past Today I went out and measured the width of the step side body (51") and the distance between the tires on the chassis (50") . Just as I suspected the Currie was to narrow . Well the fix is to add wheel adapters not spacers but adapters from Trans-Dapt , Speedway to the rescue a pair of 1.25" adapters gives me 2.5" to make the space 52.5" that's 3/4" per side . At least the tires will clear standing still . But a bit close for range of motion . I may have to add a 1/4" spacer to each side .

Gad that was a long way around to say I think I solved the problem today . Who knows when I'll get around to putting it together .
Attached Images

'56 Chevy Long Bed I6, 4 speed Bought 1990 Sold 8.22.2020
’56 GMC Suburban Pickup V8, 4 speed Hydramatic Bought 1996 Sold 10.11.2020
My Other Tinkerings http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...75#post8967275

Last edited by G&R's57GMC; 06-04-2022 at 07:57 PM.
G&R's57GMC is offline   Reply With Quote