View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 07:07 PM   #5212
mick53

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
Every time you think you can just about jump over the bar Mick runs out and raises the bar a couple of notches. Now I am not sure that sand blasting, high build priimer and lots of block sanding before the shiny black goes on is going to be enough.

I did start digging the blue cab that doesn't have a roof out from under the fallen down shed to see if I want to use the front half of it.

The snow knocked the roof down a couple of years ago and life got in the way of cleaning it up.
My buddy gave me the cab 30 yeas ago and I have wagged it around all over the place but it has been sitting there for close to 20 years.
I cut the dash out a few years ago because I am going to put the old dash that was in my 51 Mercury that I bought when I was 16 in it. I don't know if the other windshield post or top of the cowl got damaged but the cowl and floor are pretty well rust free in patina truck terms. The back is solid, and straight except one dent at the belt line over on the right side below the window. That panel is going to be up for grabs to anyone from the PNW who needs it when I get the floor cut in two.
LOL. I have no idea what I'm doing. The drivers door striker looks to be in fine condition.
mick53 is offline   Reply With Quote