View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 11:07 PM   #140
bwl101

Re: Bringing my Grandfather's 1972 Longbed Stepside C10 back to life

I bought one of the DA short throws from Harbor Freight to help me get the grime off the paint that wouldn't power wash off. Some black stuff on the hood would not budge with a mild abrasive and pad. I didn't want to mess the paint up so I looked for other ways to help "clay" the paint without actually having to clay bar everything as that would take forever! Well I came across the suggestion of using comet to wash the truck. Man what a difference! Cleaned a ton of old oxidized paint off and got all of the hard to remove black stuff off without too much effort. I used the bug removal sponges with the white netting on them with comet and water. As you can see in the pictures what a huge difference. The front bumper looks way better too! Tomorrow I plan on washing the rest of the truck with comet, then I will apply the Meguires #7 to rehydrate the paint while maintaining the patina look! I only had time to do the front bumper, hood, cowl and both front fenders today. In the last pic it's pretty obvious the difference between the hood and front fenders compared to the door that hasn't been washed with the comet yet.
Attached Images

Putting my Grandfather's truck back on the road:
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=829659
bwl101 is offline   Reply With Quote