View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 01:31 PM   #12
schovil69

Re: 'Ole Green' - 1970 Chevy C10 Engine Rebuild

Power steering hoses are connected. The starter has been replaced with a Power Master high torque version. The connection terminals on this starter are larger than what was on the new wiring harness. I removed those terminals and crimped then soldered new terminals onto the harness. I used hemostats as a heat sink and accidently soldered it to one of the terminals but a quick reheat resolved that situation.

Scope creep has reared its ugly head again. When installing a new cowl to hood seal I removed the cowl cover(?) There were leaves in there that a vacuum took care of. Then we had to clean in there, then a new antenna was ordered, then new screens were ordered to prevent the buildup of leaves in there, then the seam sealer around the antenna cable was thought to be the cause of a phantom water leak where the glove box fills with water so seam sealer was purchased. A nice run-on sentence to show the level of exasperation felt when scope creep occurs. Just a quick rebuild of the engine...nope.

The wiring is finished aside from making a few connections but the routing is complete.

A few parts are on order, so I spent yesterday evening in the yard and garden and washed the block and heads for the '56 in preparation for paint.

My todo list has been reduced with a few items added as well,

To Do's:
Install cowl screens
R/R antenna
Seam sealer
Install cowl cover/hood to cowl seal
Install fuel line from pump to fuel filter
Install alternator
Install fan/alternator belts
Change studs on exhaust manifolds
Install exhaust manifolds
Install engine lift cables